The Observer-Dispatch is seeking a local sales executive in Utica, NY to drive sales of our Daily Deals program. This position reports to the Advertising Director and to the DailyDeals Product Manager. The ideal candidate will exceed DailyDeals revenue quota by identifying, pursuing and delivering deals from the most desirable businesses in the market. The right candidate will know the daily deal space well and will be effective at building relationships with businesses in the area.
- Communicate the value proposition to merchants and generate compelling deals from qualified prospects
- Coordinate launch of each deal, including securing key client information and documentation
- Keep a full pipeline of deals; no days without deals or with deals that don’t sell
- Ensure delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals and manage a weekly report
- Follow up with client after each transaction to ensure expectations were met and to provide consultation concerning post-deal business management and customer retention
- Share best practices with product manager and with other sites to improve sales process and training
- Identify new and creative businesses and activities to be featured, expanding the range of deals for our subscribers
Skills and Specifications:
- 2+ years sales experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentations skills
- Comfortable cold calling and closing business from self-generated leads
Track record of setting and achieving goals
We’re looking for a dynamic sales professional that has the ability to grow our DailyDeals business. If you match this description, let’s talk!
To be considered, send all inquires to Emilia Borelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.