HALIFAX MEDIA GROUP
The individual in the position leads, implements and enforces Halifax Media’s credit policy for the Financial Service Center, located in Lakeland, Florida at The Ledger. This role is accountable for oversight and execution related to accounts receivable for Halifax Media Group. Designs and implements processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables.
This role operates in a matrix work environment and reports directly to the Director of Financial Services.
• Manage, direct and lead credit and collection staff at the Financial Services Center.
• Oversee, monitor and analyze on-going collection processes, including, but not limited to; determination of credit status for new and existing clients, system credit review, telephone contact, client account reconciliations, correspondence, outside collection entities, customer and local attorneys.
• Promote learning environment that ensures continued development of the organization to deliver quality service through coaching and education.
• Review various receivable agings for monthly Bad Debt submissions to outside collection entities or local attorneys and coordinate support efforts relating to court appearances.
• Maintain effective communication channels and positive relationships with all Halifax Media Units including Finance Directors, Advertising Directors, department management teams and Advertising Account Executives.
• Maintain all related outside vendor relationships.
• Stay abreast of industry challenges, opportunities, and technology to further enhance the financial viability and economic health of the Company.
• Develop and compile appropriate corporate reports.
• Ensure all related financial audit policies and procedures are maintained and reviewed.
• College degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in general accounting processes and business systems as well as management and leadership.
• Understanding of media business systems, interrelations and processes is a plus.
• Must have proven analytical skills
• Proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets, word processing, database and reporting software with the ability to learn and use proprietary software.
• Demonstrates positive leadership and management skills with department and company employees. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Able to achieve goals and contribute to a group effort while working with minimum supervision.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills required.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a spirit of partnership with local market editorial teams; support local content and quality initiatives through editing and design excellence
- Lead the Center’s general operations; provide direction to department managers and the staff who design and copy edit pages for local newsrooms
- Meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Oversee national wire desk
- Establish GateHouse as a content and design innovator, and the Center for News and Design as a destination for publishers looking for a cost efficient, high quality editing and design solution
- Develop clear productivity and quality goals, identify relevant metrics, and use data to track and manage performance
- Ensure CND editing and design quality exceeds work previously produced in local markets
- Continually strive to increase efficiency through improved workflow and processes, without compromising quality
- Set content standards for the Center’s employees
- Provide daily KPI reporting to newspaper leadership
- Provide monthly KPI reporting and analysis to GateHouse executive leadership
- Own the launch process of newspapers into the Center; ensure a well-staffed, well-communicated, well-supported process
- Develop and market commercial services, including themed product packages and design and editing services
- Create a culture of creativity, accountability and continual improvement
- Lead recruitment strategy and develop aggressive plans to ensure the industry’s top talent is hired and retained by the Center
- Build best-of-the-best training programs for the Center’s employees – to support staff’s current responsibilities and to raise the bar on what’s possible
- Direct Reports: Director of Operations, Director of Editing, Recruiting Specialist, Director of Creative Development
- Oversee the Center’s budget; ensure costs are effectively managed and that initiatives are successfully implemented on time and on budget
- Establish and articulate vision for the Center’s services, both internally and externally
- Communicate masterfully with GateHouse Media newspapers; ensure they receive first-class customer service
- Guide Center employees as they take on new work supporting local papers’ transition to the Center and cultural adjustment to a centralized environment
- At least 10 years of newsroom leadership experience
- Strong operations and/or design experience, a plus
- Proven track record of launching new initiatives
- Collaborate effectively and able to lead through influence
- Superior communication skills, including public speaking
- Sense of urgency and immediacy; can think deep, but can act fast
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: David Arkin, SVP Content & Product Development
GateHouse Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Ledger Media Group is currently accepting applications for a Electronics Technician. The candidate should have 2-3 years of experience as an electronics technician and ideally be able to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the following equipment or equivalent.
• Goss Colorliner presses and reels
• Allen Bradley Drive Controls/SLC/PLC
• GMA SLS2000 inserters
• Mueller Martini Print roller Buffer
• Quipp 350 Stackers
• Powerstrap strappers
Qualified candidate must have basic PC skills and the ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics. The candidate must also be willing to work weekends and nights. Lakeland is conveniently located near Tampa and Orlando, and offers an ideal mix of rural and metropolitan residential options.
Interested applicants, lease forward your resume to: email@example.com