GateHouse Media Delaware is seeking a full-time executive editor, with demonstrated skills in digital media and a background in newsroom management. The position will report out of GateHouse Media Delaware’s Dover office, and handle responsibilities for several print products and their corresponding websites.
Our goal is to provide unique, quality local journalism. We practice non-linear storytelling, and are committed to evolving our presence on the Web.
Editor’s responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing staff of 17 to 20 newsroom employees, including news and design desks
• Managing yearly budget for GateHouse Media Delaware’s editorial department
• Editing copy and pages on an as-needed basis
• Coordinating with advertising and production departments
• Coordinating corporate initiatives and ensuring seamless implementation
The editor needs to:
• Champion our web-first reporting strategy
• Have proven communication skills, for colleagues and external customer service
• Monitor our competition and ensure we’re leading the news, not following it
• Find creative alternatives for nonlinear storytelling
About our company:
GateHouse Media Delaware, based in Dover, De., publishes the Dover Post, Middletown Transcript, Milford Beacon, Smyrna/Clayton Sun-Times, Sussex Countian, and Community News.
We strongly prefer local candidates with knowledge of Dover and the surrounding area. Applicants should have at least one year of newsroom experience, or demonstrated experience reporting at a college or university publication.
How to apply:
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. Prospective candidates should send a resume, relevant work samples or links, and cover letter. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
The position offers a competitive salary and career progression possibilities. Please e-mail your applications to:
GateHouse Media Delaware
mike.szczechura @ doverpost.com