GateHouse Media is seeking a director of digital content management. This is a position that works for our corporate content division and plays a huge role in the deployment of new online features and the rollout of digital content tools for our hundreds of newsrooms.
We're not looking for a developer, but a masterful project manager who can talk code with developers, but more importantly, can manage dozens and dozens of projects related to our content management system.
The director will oversee our digital staff, which includes developers, a support manager and an SEO/analytics manager.
The position will be based in Downers Grove, Ill., outside of Chicago.
Specifically, the director will:
• Manage the flow of digital content projects from conception through implementation. This will include helping project manage each area of our division — development, training and communication — through each new initiative we launch.
• Keep the corporate staff fully up to speed with projects currently being worked on, maintaining a roadmap that can be shared with our newspapers.
• Ensure digital staff is productive, focused on priorities that will have wide impact on all GateHouse Media newspapers.
• Ensure we support our newspapers' digital technical needs through immediate response and professional customer service.
• Work with content management system vendor on release of new features and ongoing support and technical needs.
• Serve as key technical and implementation contact with all digital content vendors.
This director will report to the vice president of content & audience.
GateHouse Media owns 79 daily newspapers and more than 250 weekly newspapers, from New York to California. Find more information about GateHouse Media at www.gatehousemedia.com and learn more about GateHouse Media's content strategies at http://www.ghnewsroom.com
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or GateHouse Media, Att: David Arkin, 1101 31st Street, Suite 185, Downers Grove, IL 60515