GateHouse Media Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY, is searching for an experienced sales leader to develop, direct and implement effective digital advertising strategies to drive consumers to newspaper and advertisers’ websites, Audience Extension products and digital services, in conjunction with an ongoing training program that empowers our sales force to lead the industry in digital sales. The VP/Digital Sales will directly contribute to revenue development and the overall growth of the business. Employing best sales practices, the VP will be expert at utilizing market intelligence and research to build sales. He or she will also develop and execute sales strategies that leverage existing client relationships and revenue and be charged with new business development. The successful candidate is proficient at selling to all levels of buyers and clients with a particular focus on creating and developing direct relationships with brand marketers in key target categories. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing in Rochester.
This position provides tactical and strategic advertising leadership, driving revenue growth through direct sales, and sales leadership. Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and oversee all digital/mobile sales strategies that will have a direct impact on revenue and profitability
· Grow our Audience Extension business by leveraging our Ontarget brand along with Propel Marketing services for SMB’s
· Establish and build effective relationships with digital/mobile advertisers and agencies to sell our network
· Oversee all classified verticals
· Develop pricing, packaging, messaging and go-to-market approaches that will garner growth
· Work closely with GateHouse Corporate Director of Sales Training and Development to determine and ensure standards for all training, and certification
· Use research and metrics to determine category strategies and implementation
· Develop comprehensive plan to grow our shopping platforms that include: FindnSave, Deals and local coupons
· Work closely and collaboratively with the digital/mobile ops team to monitor and optimize campaigns
· Partner effectively with field sales & advertising teams, Publishers and other operations and product groups
· Travel (approx. 50%) is required
The successful candidate will bring extensive advertising/media sales experience in the digital/mobile industry. Candidate must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work on scale and drive a substantial sales organization to sell across multiple platforms; will have established relationships within the advertising industry with brand and agencies.
· Minimum 7 years successful digital management and sales background
· Minimum 5 years of multi-media sales management experience
· Demonstrated success in leading, building, coaching and motivating media sales teams, including managing a remote staff.
· Demonstrated success in driving strategy and effective implementation across multi-functional groups with influence in the absence of direct authority
· Bachelors degree required
GateHouse Media's business model is to be the preeminent provider of local content and advertising in the small and midsize markets we serve. Our portfolio of products, which includes over 400 community publications and more than 400 related websites and six yellow page directories, serves over 299,000 advertisers and reaches approximately 10 million people on a weekly basis. GateHouse Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, send all inquiries, including cover letter, resume, salary history to: Pamela Austin-Reedy, firstname.lastname@example.org (423) 653-5756