GateHouse Media LLC seeks an experienced, energetic and engaging leader who wants to become part of an exciting, vibrant community of information technology professionals supporting our mission. Our information technology environment is highly distributed and diverse, with strong leadership and coordination from Chief Information Officer (CIO) and direct reports.
We are seeking a strong, knowledgeable leader to provide input to our vision, strategy and broad-based planning in addition to hands-on operational responsibility as the VP, Information Security (VPIS). The VPIS reports to the CIO, is a member of the CIO leadership team and serves a key role in a high-visibility area of our business. The VPIS is an advocate for GateHouse Media’s total information security needs and is responsible for supporting the development of a comprehensive information security strategy to optimize the security posture of the organization – and operationally delivering it as well as maintaining information security related regulatory compliance. The VPIS leads the development and implementation of a security program that leverages enterprise-wide resources, defines and facilitates information security governance, advises the CIO on security direction and resource investments, and helps design appropriate policies to manage information security risk. The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to work with other leaders to set the best balance between security investments and other priorities of our business.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of one relevant professional certification- (CISSP, MCSD, GIAC, or CEH preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent work experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Information security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or equivalent preferred. Information systems auditing certification such as CISA or GISA is highly desirable.
- Minimum of six years of prior work experience in information security is required.
- Must have experience with common information security management frameworks.
- Track record of planning and executing complex work efforts.
- Strong interpersonal communication, analysis, and writing skills.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to work effectively with business unit managers and information technology and information technology operations staff and the ability to lead in a matrix environment is required.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.