Perform varied, complex and highly confidential administrative work requiring a high degree of judgment and knowledge of the organization’s mission statement, policies, practices and procedures to include typing correspondence, screening phone calls and incoming mail, greeting business associates, making arrangements for meetings and other various duties to support the executive’s successful completion of goals and objectives. Organize seminars/workshops/meetings and project work without supervision. Exercise discretion in performing job functions. Maintain complex and sensitive information.
(1) Plan, format and type correspondence, records, reports and other materials, some of a highly confidential nature (including salaries and performance ratings), from documents, dictation, longhand or rough copy notes.
(2) Obtain manual and computer statistical information; compile data; set up and maintain confidential records, reports and files. Follow up on request from colleagues/managers and supply information that is within scope of authority.
(3) Screen phone calls and take messages, place and return calls within limits of executive’s calendar which contains appointment, meetings conference and travel itineraries which include notifying appropriate parties and greeting visitors.
(4) Manage office workflow and administration such as maintaining supply inventory, keeping expense accounts other records up to date. Attend and record minutes of executive committee meetings. Serve as liaison between executives and GHM MA properties.
(5) Develop and maintain relationship with the public including local business and community organizations.
(6) Perform a variety of additional duties to support company and departmental goals, including, but not limited to scheduling and planning periodic employee meetings, luncheons and local operating committee meetings. Making decisions to support managers as needed.
(7) Facilitate communication between multiple properties/management across the entire country both written and through telecommunication. Work to develop systems to streamline communication and efficiencies in the gathering and dissemination of information.
EQUIVALENT EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
Minimum 2-year Associates degree in business/marketing equivalent work experience.
5 or more years’ administrative experience. Industry experience in media, sales or marketing helpful
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent math skills to assist in preparation of budgets, reports, travel expense forms, etc. Advance PC skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Internet research skills and Google applications knowledge. Excellent knowledge of English grammar and business language, proofing skills for grammar, typographical errors and content. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Good knowledge of office and business procedures and scheduling. Ability to work independently and follow through on projects with a minimum of specific instruction. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline- oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to conduct research projects on the Internet.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and problem solving skills and pays attention to details and accuracy. The successful candidate will be an individual who is a self-starter and highly motivated who takes initiative and has aggressive follow through and follow up skills.
You must be able to work in an intense fast paced environment with ability to adapt to ever changing priorities. You must have strong communication skills and ability to interface professionally with all levels of the organization. You must be able to coordinate and execute multiple projects and priorities and work independently to get the job done. You must be a team player.
Purchase office supplies; maintain expense accounts. Prepare various reports, meetings and events.
EMAIL JASON TAYLOR AT JTAYLOR@GATEHOUSEMEDIA.COM TO APPLY