Under general direction of the VP, Information Technology, this position plans, organizes and directs the IT activities for a specified geographic region for GateHouse Media. The position works closely with a peer group of IT Directors to ensure that processes and operations are consistent and leveraged as appropriate. The position also works closely with the corporate IT Shared Services team to coordinate application support and integration into other standard infrastructure and systems, supporting the pre-defined strategies and plans.
The position reports to the VP, Information Technology to develop plans and budgets for local contracts and resources with the goal of reducing expenses and to provide appropriate IT support to revenue generating opportunities.
The Director, IT has supervisory responsibility for staff members supporting field resources in the local properties and as an onsite point for Corporate application and infrastructure employees who are working out of those locations. This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Successful project execution of implementing the standard software/hardware in the field will be a key activity for this role, working closely with the corporate IT directors to prioritize projects and align local and corporate resources. This individual will have responsibility for leading projects within and external to his/her organization. Support of local systems varies based on the non-common systems implemented at the local properties and the complexity of production and distribution requirements at those locations.
Merger and acquisition related experience is highly valued in this role.
Additional qualifications include:
- A minimum of ten or more years professional experience in the media industry
- At least 5 years experience in a senior management level position
- Deep understanding of core newspaper business systems across advertising, circulation and finance
- Specific knowledge and experience with digital advertising platforms
- Strong industry vendor relationships across core newspaper business systems
- Exceptional communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Undergraduate degree is required in a technical discipline. MS or MBA is a plus
Apply at dispatch.com/careers