HALIFAX MEDIA GROUP
The individual in the position leads, implements and enforces Halifax Media’s credit policy for the Financial Service Center, located in Lakeland, Florida at The Ledger. This role is accountable for oversight and execution related to accounts receivable for Halifax Media Group. Designs and implements processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables.
This role operates in a matrix work environment and reports directly to the Director of Financial Services.
• Manage, direct and lead credit and collection staff at the Financial Services Center.
• Oversee, monitor and analyze on-going collection processes, including, but not limited to; determination of credit status for new and existing clients, system credit review, telephone contact, client account reconciliations, correspondence, outside collection entities, customer and local attorneys.
• Promote learning environment that ensures continued development of the organization to deliver quality service through coaching and education.
• Review various receivable agings for monthly Bad Debt submissions to outside collection entities or local attorneys and coordinate support efforts relating to court appearances.
• Maintain effective communication channels and positive relationships with all Halifax Media Units including Finance Directors, Advertising Directors, department management teams and Advertising Account Executives.
• Maintain all related outside vendor relationships.
• Stay abreast of industry challenges, opportunities, and technology to further enhance the financial viability and economic health of the Company.
• Develop and compile appropriate corporate reports.
• Ensure all related financial audit policies and procedures are maintained and reviewed.
• College degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in general accounting processes and business systems as well as management and leadership.
• Understanding of media business systems, interrelations and processes is a plus.
• Must have proven analytical skills
• Proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets, word processing, database and reporting software with the ability to learn and use proprietary software.
• Demonstrates positive leadership and management skills with department and company employees. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Able to achieve goals and contribute to a group effort while working with minimum supervision.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills required.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org